Thursday, October 9, 2008

iRacing.com Reinvents Simulated Racing


iRacing.com is a new pay service with subscriptions ranging from $13 to $20. What is iRacing you say? A Good question indeed. iRacing is developed by David Kaemmer (of NASCAR Racing fame)and a team seemingly bursting with talent.

You will need a decent Wheel and pedals to play. There are no chase cams or fancy camera angles like in other racers. This one is serious. In car cam only and in my eyes that's the way it should be. When I play a racing game I want to crank up the surround and feel like I'm actually in that car, driving that track.

This game is especially exciting for me. Mosport International Speedway, or my home track as I like to call it, is included. Although Mosport is not finished and ready for use, it is still exciting that I will be able to be driving the legendary Canadian road course digitally once again. The last time it was digitally rendered was in the PC Game "Sports Car GT"(1999), to my best recollection.

No comments: